As we want to share the knowledge we build, we record all our webinars and make them available on our KR21 YouTube Channel.
Recordings are available from the following webinars:
- The empty library? The urgency of solutions to unsustainable eBook markets
- Book Digitisation, Online Access and Lending: What Infrastructure is Needed for Success?
The empty library? The urgency of solutions to unsustainable eBook markets
This webinar explored the challenges faced by libraries in different parts of Europe in acquiring and giving access to eBooks, how they are advocating for change, and the possibilities under law to find a more sustainable path forwards.
The #ebookSOS campaign in Ireland, by Cathal McCauley, University Librarian, Maynooth University and President of the Library Association of Ireland
Struggling for legally based e-lending, by Barbara Schleihagen, Executive Director, German Library Association
Legal Solutions to the eBook Dilemma: Enabling libraries to act as libraries, by Benjamin White, Chair of LIBER’s Copyright and Legal Matters Working Group, researcher at Bournemouth University’s Centre for Intellectual Property Policy & Management
KR21 Programme presentation by Stephen Wyber
Book Digitisation, Online Access and Lending: What Infrastructure is Needed for Success?
This webinar brought together practitioners from the California Institute of Technology, Boston Public Library and Project ReShare, and focused on the library workflows, software and infrastructures involved in digitising books and providing access to patrons.
- Controlled Digital Lending – What Does It Look Like, by Allen Jones, Director of Digital Libraries & Technical Services, The New School
- CalTech DIBS Digital Borrowing System, by Tommy Keswick, Digital Technologies Development Librarian, California Institute of Technology
- The Future of the Book and Digital Access, by David Leonard, President. Boston Public Library
How Do We Fix eBook Markets? A Discussion on the Future of Libraries and Authorship
This webinar discussed the eBook crisis libraries, educators and authors face with international thought leaders in the sector. Exploring the many issues that have arisen as collections are increasingly leased and not owned, the session took the form of a wide-ranging interview and discussion with our panelists. See more in our announcement of the webinar.
- Caroline Ball Co-founder of eBookSOS / Academic Librarian, University of Derby / Trustee, WikimediaUK
- Mikkel Christoffersen Chief Consultant, Copenhagen Libraries
- Dave Hansen Executive Director, Authors Alliance
- Cathal McCauley President of the Library Association of Ireland / University Librarian, Maynooth University
- Moderator: Ben White, CIPPM, Bournemouth University