New Vacancy: Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant – What Are We Looking For?
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing the necessary administrative and logistical support on a daily basis, for the implementation of the Programme, including:
- Providing administrative and organisational support to the Programme Secretariat and a network of regional coordinators who work to achieve Programme goals at the national level;
- Providing administrative and logistical support for the organisation of Policy and Management Committee meetings, webinars, trainings, seminars, round tables and conferences;
- Maintaining calendar/schedules; monitoring changes and communicating relevant information and documents to the Programme Secretariat and to the regional network coordinators, as well as to the programme beneficiaries at a national level;
- Providing technical support to the national advocacy networks and all programme beneficiaries at a national level;
- Performing a variety of other clerical and secretarial tasks, such as: taking notes or preparing minutes of meetings, preparing contracts, providing information on activities carried out under the project etc.;
- Performing all other necessary supporting tasks.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate professional competence and efficiency in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify and tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and organising
Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required and asks questions if needed. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in administrative matters is required.
For the position fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Dutch is desirable.
Salary and Contract
Administrative Assistant will be taken on a part-time basis, 4 days per week. The gross monthly salary for this position is € 2.288 EURO gross (€ 2.860 based on a full-time employment).
Successful candidate will be offered a 6-month contract, with a possibility of an extension for the duration of the Programme.
The closing date is 10th August 2022. Interested candidates are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter addressing the responsibilities and skills required for the position in English to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Programme Assistant” in the subject line.
The Knowledge Rights 21 Programme is run by Stichting IFLA Foundation and supported by the Arcadia Fund, bringing together library organisations across Europe.
The Programme is focused on building lasting capacity to modernise policies and practices around copyright, mainly in the areas of eLending, promoting open norms, protecting copyright exceptions against contract override, secondary publishing rights, and rights retention.
Through this, it aims to deliver progress, in the short and longer term, that enables learners, students, researchers and other library users to realise the potential of technology in fostering education, research and cultural participation.
At the heart of the programme is the development of tools, skills, and other support for advocacy by networks of libraries and related groups, at both the European and national levels.